Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My honey and I go through stages of connoisseurism. This is the recipe my DH developed when we were in our Bloody Mary phase. We enjoyed these just about every Sunday one summer a few years back, during those Sunday brunches with the friends from the night before, where everyone is still a bit rumpled. I will sometimes rim my glass with Montreal Steak Seasoning, when I have it. (Similar to a salted glass for a margarita - do this BEFORE adding any ice or liquid to the glass.) Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 lemon (2 wedges)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon olive juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (6-8 grinds)
- 8 ounces vegetable juice (we prefer V-8)
- 1 1⁄2-2 ounces vodka
- 1 stalk celery
- pickled green bean
- green olives
- Fill a highball glass with ice and add vodka.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- May be shaken vigorously or stirred lazily. We prefer shaken, not stirred. ;0).
- Garnish with celery, a pickled green bean, a skewer of green olives, or whatever you like to garnish yours with. I've seen pickled okra too, but that's here in the south. I'm sure a pickle spear would also be tasty. You could also garnish with a combonation of any of the above ideas. Whatever suits your taste.
- Sit outside on your patio, enjoy the late-morning sunshine with some friends and take it easy -- .