"Pink Eyed" Jim Cortina's Note:
I searched for a bananas foster recipe that included orange juice to no avail. So, I made one up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a saute pan.
- 2Add the bananas, flat side down and saute for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and orange juice.
- 4Cook until syrupy, about 5 more minutes.
- 5Add the rum and flame the pan (if desired).
- 6If you don't flame the pan, cook for another 2 minutes or until alcohol is cooked off.
- 7Serve while warm over bowls or plates of vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jim's Bananas Foster
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 117.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g