Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I searched for a bananas foster recipe that included orange juice to no avail. So, I made one up.
- 3 bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 ounces rum, warm
- French vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Melt the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the bananas, flat side down and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and orange juice.
- Cook until syrupy, about 5 more minutes.
- Add the rum and flame the pan (if desired).
- If you don't flame the pan, cook for another 2 minutes or until alcohol is cooked off.
- Serve while warm over bowls or plates of vanilla ice cream.