Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
My big brother Jim sent me this invention.
Top Review by OhMyStars!
This was pretty good. I didn't have quite enough fresh basil so I added a bit of dry to round it out and that seemed to work. My only caveat is that it was pretty sweet (I used sweetened applesauce) and less applesauce would have been fine. Next time I will halve the amount. In terms of preperation, it couldn't have been quicker or easier and is destined to be a regular around here. Thanks for posting this easy dinner.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add basil to oil and heat until oil is flavored (1- 2 minutes).
- Cover basil with applesauce and place salmon on top of applesauce.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve topped with basil-applesauce mixture.