Recipe by Tom Guthrie
This recipe came from a friend’s dad. It can be changed around using different kinds of pork sausage and BBQ sauce. I've always had allot of complements on this recipe. Goes well with grilled foods. A side dish that can’t be beat. To make more add another can of Beans and 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and garlic to taste.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pork & beans (Bushes works best)
- 1 lb pork sausage (Hot Jimmy Deans works well)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped