Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This 'soup' is clearly a chili, but my husband refuses to agree. Everyone always gives him a hard time about it too. This 'soup' is so good and so easy. & it's even better the 2nd day.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow hominy
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Salt and pepper if desired.
- Put browned beef and remaining ingredients in a slow cooker. *Do not drain any juice from cans.
- Cook on low for 3-8 hours. *This is always better when reheated.
This soup is so easy and very very yummy. I made it for my husband and friends and offered lots of garnishes for the top which I think definitely kicked it up a notch. Blue corn chips, avocado chunks, cilantro, and diced red onion...
This was really easy to make and VERY yummy. I served this with cheesy tortilla's. Great for a fall/winter meal.