Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe I make for my dog. I hope your pooch enjoys it also. :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 6 lbs ground beef
- 8 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups regular oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered, and cook 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool several minutes, then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, ground beef, and eggs. Mix ingredients together using your hands or hand mixer. Add salt, olive oil, rolled oats, and rice; mix well.
- Shape into patties/small cakes and bake in the oven until done. I use large cookie sheets covered in foil or you can even use muffin tins to make them.
- Refrigerate or freeze in sealed plastic bags.