Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
For the crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 TBS sugar, and melted butter, press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- With an electric hand mixer, combine cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar and mix at medium speed until combined and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over baked crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees and continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan.
- Cool before removing rim.
- Top with cherry pie filling before serving.
I cannot beleive how quick and tasty this was! I love it, it really turned out great and my dad loved it! We used this for his birthday cake, he wanted one with sour cream instead of cream cheese, but as soon as he tried it, [which he pretty much devoured it] and said that this was probably SO much better than a sour-cream-cheese cake!! I got to say, this cheesecake is now on top of the list for all the cakes I've ever had! We even took pictures, [it turned beuatifully]. Whoever's reading this and is trying to decide if they want to make it or not, you should go with this and then see for yourself on how delish it is! Thanks for the recipe Danny!
This came out really good. It wasn't a really short quick recipe, but it wasn't long and strenuous either.