Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is originally from the food section of the Houston Chronicle. Jimmy Johnson was a Dallas Cowboys's coach. We like these because they're baked, not fried. and the fact that they're so easy and quick to make! Serve them with tartar or remoulade sauce or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- 2 lbs fresh crabmeat
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese-style)
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions, include some tops
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients except crabmeat in a mixing bowl; mix and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat.
- Form 12 cakes.
- Place on a foil-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until golden.