Recipe by AmyZoe
Ooh la la! This is heavenly. This is a great way to use up bread that's a little old. I added quite a bit more jalapeno peppers than the recipe called for (personal taste). I did find it needed to cook longer than the recipe states. Recipe courtesy of Cooking in Style The Costco Way.
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb sausage, cooked (crumbled and drained)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper (cut into 1/4 inch dice)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 slices bread (thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a bowl and beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine cooked sausage, jalapeno, cheese, garlic, and cumin.
- To assemble, place 1/3 of the egg mixture in the bottom of a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Place 1 slice of bread on top.
- Spread 1/3 of the sausage mixture over the bread.
- Repeat layering, ending with sausage on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.