Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Jimmy Dean® sausage is the secret ingredient in this flavorful stuffing dish seasoned with rosemary and garlic.
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesregular flavor Jimmy Dean sausage
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 3⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) packagedry herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery and garlic; cook 10-12 minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring frequently.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl; add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into a buttered 4-quart casserole.
- Bake covered for 60 minutes.