Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom used to make this on Sundays after church for the family. She would serve over a plain egg omlette for four. Yield is not exact - I've never measure it before. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb Jimmy Dean sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Crumble and brown sausage in skillet. Drain excess fat.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, sour cream, and milk. Add cooked sausage.
- Serve over plain egg omlette.
- Leftovers may be kept in the fridge.
This is a great topping for scrambled eggs, or an omlette. I really enjoyed it, but next time will substitute 1/2 cup of heavy cream for 1/2 of the sour cream. I needed to take the "edge" off the sour cream taste just a bit. What a great, yummy way to have breakfast! Thanks for posting Heidi!