Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my dad's altered versions of JC Cake. He is always expected to make it for family gatherings at home and at church. He has made it many different ways and this is the favorite. I guess he's been making this cake for 15 years or more. edited 09/12- note- I just made this today and had to tweak the recipe a bit. Dad is getting old and his directions were minimal. But now I've made it and made the recipe easier to follow.
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (your choice)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip (softend)
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) package chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups half-and-half cream
- more Cool Whip
- 1⁄8 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Mix brownie mix according to pkg. directions and add nuts.
- Prep a 9x13 pan according to pkg. directions.
- Bake until set.
- While brownies are cooling- beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, and cool whip.
- Slowly add in confectioners sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread on top of brownie.
- Beat together vanilla pudding, choc. pudding and 3 cups milk until thickened. (about 2 minutes)(this can be messy so use a deep bowl).
- Spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top with cool whip. Sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Refridgerate (better the second day).
This was soooo yummy! I made this for our dessert for the week and everyone in my family loved it! Who couldn't love this!?! It has it all; fudgy brownie bottom, peanutbutter pie-ish layer, chocolate pudding layer, with cool whip on top!!! I will definately be making this again!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe! :)
This was awesome! My DH & DS both said this was a keeper. I didn't have any peanuts so I used walnuts and it was the only substitution that I used. We will make this again.
I tried this last week-end after my DH went off of his diet and it was out of this world, He wanted to know if he could hide it so he could keep it all for himself.