Recipe by pines506
This is more a layered dessert than a cake. Its very good. This is from an old newspaper clipping. Is all I had on hand was golden roast peanuts, but they worked great.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter or 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip (out of an 8 oz. container, save rest for layer 4)
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- rest Cool Whip
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- chopped peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- First Layer: Combine flour, margarine and peanuts and blend like pie crust.
- Press into bottom of 9 x 13 pan and bake 20 minutes at 350°F (Note: It takes a little work to make the crust cover the whole bottom, but it does and its worth it!).
- Second Layer: Blend all second layer ingredients together and pour carefully on top of first layer.
- Spread to even it out.
- Third Layer: Blend third layer ingredients and pour on top of second layer.
- Let pudding set up a little before putting fourth layer on.
- Fourth Layer: Put remainder of Cool Whip on top and garnish with the shaved chocolate and peanuts.