Recipe by Chef Garlic
This recipe is supposed to be by Jimmy Buffett, although I have no idea if it really is. I am trying to find a source for it, so if you see a source, please let me know. Otherwise, this is a yummy, and easy recipe that can be used for many fishes including salmon.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) whole salmon (I have never weighed a whole one, so I would say 4-5 pounds maybe?)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 2 medium brown onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 lemons
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onions fine and sauté in butter until brown, about five minutes.
- Add the wine, sauté five more minutes.
- Next add the parsley and Lawry’s, go another minute.
- Next then squeeze in the juice from both lemons, and let go another minute.
- Lay the salmon on a piece of tin foil and pour the entire mixture into the cavity of the fish.
- Double wrap the entire salmon in foil and place on a medium grill for 12 minutes per side (15 if you like it a little more done).
- I suggest a Murphy -Goode fume blanc, Grgich Hills chardonnay or Hahn merlot.