Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is supposed to be by Jimmy Buffett, but I have yet to find the source. Hopefully, you can help me!
- 2 (680.38 g) can Bud Light beer (See Below)
- 907.18 g large shrimp, cleaned
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- cajun spices
- Tabasco sauce, if desired
- rice, for serving
- Boil the beer (2 cans or whatever volume is required to cook the shrimp - if you have any left over, I think you can figure a use for it) with the Cajun seasoning.
- Add the shrimp.
- When the shrimp is pink, remove and sauté in an iron skillet in a small amount of oil and the minced garlic.
- When done, add a cup of the beer and cook down for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Seriously, I found no need for rice. These are addicting little buggers, so good! Instead of the tabasco I just sprinkled a little cayenne in the beer with the cajun spice mix. Fantastic! Made for Think Pink Oct. 2011
I haven't made this YET but anything Buffet sounds good to me..will re-visit with my review
Very nice! I used a little more garlic here and lots of Tony Cachere's low salt for the spice. Did not serve with rice. Just ate these bad boys with the rest of the Bud Light! Fantastic! Thanks Garlic! *Made for PAC*