Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jim Thompson's Pineapple Fried Rice (Khao Pat Sapparot)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Heat oil in a very hot wok.
- Fry the garlic and salt in the butter until fragrant.
- Add the onion and curry powder and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and shrimp and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Stir, then add the pineapple, raisins and rice.
- Reduce the heat and stir-fry for another 2 minutes mixing well.
- Garnish with green onion and coriander.
- Sprinkle with pepper to serve.