Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jim Thompson's Pineapple Fried Rice (Khao Pat Sapparot)
Make and share this Jim Thompson's Pineapple Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Heat oil in a very hot wok.
- Fry the garlic and salt in the butter until fragrant.
- Add the onion and curry powder and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and shrimp and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Stir, then add the pineapple, raisins and rice.
- Reduce the heat and stir-fry for another 2 minutes mixing well.
- Garnish with green onion and coriander.
- Sprinkle with pepper to serve.