2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
Ever since he developed No-Knead Bread, I've been a big fan of Jim Lahey and now he's done it again. Found this recipe on Smittenkitchen.com. . Perfect served with soup or salad, or better yet as an appetizer with a glass of wine!
My Private Note
Long Pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer, and slowly add 1 cup cold water.
- 2With dough hook (or mix by hand) mix on low speed until ingredients begin to combine, increase speed to medium-high, and continue to mix for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth, elastic, and cleanly pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
- 3Place dough in an oiled bowl, and allow to rest for 2 to 4 hours until it has doubled in size.
- 4Split the dough into halves, and form each into a log.
- 5Place each log on a generously floured surface, and allow it to rest until the formed dough doubles in size again, at least 1 hour.
- 6Put dough on a lightly floured baker’s peel.
- 7Dimple dough by pressing it down with your fingertips.
- 8Work the dough outward toward the edges of the peel until you reach your desired size and thickness, about 1/4 inch.
- 9Drizzle with remaining olive oil, rosemary and sprinkle with remaining salt.
- 10Place a baking stone, sometimes known as a pizza stone, in the oven.
- 11Set oven to broil, about 520 degrees (or in my case on high).
- 12Slide pizza onto the preheated baking stone with the baker’s peel.
- 13Bake until the bubbles range from golden to deep brown in color, (Jim says 10 to 12 minutes but in my case it was about 5-6 minutes,l guess mine was pretty thin) . . . suggest moving rack to the bottom of the oven).
- 14Serve immediately!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jim Lahey's (Sullivan Street Bakery) Pizza Bianca
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.5
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1167.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: