Recipe by KathyP53
Made with store-bought pound cake (like Sara Lee frozen pound cake) these bourbony treats come together well. P.S., you don't HAVE to use Jim Beam, any decent bourbon will do!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup jim beam Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces good quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces pecans
- 1⁄2 lb store-bought plain butter pound cake, cut into cubes
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and stir in bourbon and vanilla.
- Sprinkle chocolate over cream and allow to set without stirring for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the pecans in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add pound cake cubes and pulse until pecans and cake are finely chopped.
- Stir the chocolate and cream until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the pound cake mixture in the food processor and pulse until combined. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until firm enough to scoop, about 1 hour.
- Sift cocoa and powdered sugar together in medium bowl. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of bourbon-chocolate mixture and roll to form a ball. Roll ball around in cocoa-powdered sugar mixture to coat and transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bourbon-chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. These look great placed in mini paper muffin/candy cups.