Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe taken from the weight watchers site!! Points are estimated to be 5 per cup serves 8 This recipe is an original recipe, developed by WW poster jillybean03. It is a lightened/easier skillet version of a taco lasagna recipe developed by the same poster and published by Southern Living Magazine.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 15 ounces corn
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces mini penne
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 4 ounces low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese
- brown meat, Drain.
- Add taco seasoning, corn, beans, salsa, pasta and water. Simmer 15 minutes until pasta is cooked.
- Add cheeses and stir till melted.
Very unappetizing to look at, but tasted pretty good. Make sure that you don't add more heat than you can handle - we used medium salsa and it was almost too spicy.