Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy Cheese Quesadillas served with Salsa and Sour Cream. From Paula Deen's "my first cookbook."
- 1 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheese-sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mild salsa
- Lay the tortilla flat on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle the cheese on one half of the tortilla. Try not to get it too close to the edge. Fold the tortilla in half over the cheese.
- Over medium heat, heat skillet and oil.
- With a spatula, gently transfer the tortilla to the pan, making sure none of the cheese falls out. Let the tortilla cook for about 2 minutes, until it is lightly brown. Take the spatula and gently lift the edge so you can check. When one side is brown, turn the tortilla over and cook the other side until it's brown and the cheese is all gooey.
- Use the spatula to put the quesadilla on the plate. Top it with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!
We love to make these quesadillas for a quick lunch. Rather than fold them over, we use one tortilla for the bottom, top it with the cheese, then put a second tortilla over the top. Then when both sides are cooked, we use a pizza cutter to cut it into wedges. My daughter is 12, and this is her "specialty" recipe to prepare. Great post Jillyray!