Jill's Ukrainian Halushki
- Fry bacon in deep skillet until you have about 1/4 to 1/3 cup grease.
- Set bacon aside for BLT's or nibbling.
- (I add it to the recipe just before serving.) Add onion, and saute over medium heat until almost translucent.
- Add cabbage, about 1/3 at a time, covering pan and lowering heat a bit to prevent scorching.
- Continue until all cabbage is in pan, and cook until limp and tender.
- Add 1/2 to 1 full tablespoon fresh pepper-- salt at the very end-- be reserved with salt-- the cabbage picks up the sodium in the bacon and the cooked noodles.
- Add cabbage mixture to cooked noodles, tossing well to mix.
- Serves about 450 people as a side dish, 6-8 as more of a main course.