Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a friend and its wonderful because it makes so many, and you can vary the fruit/chocolate depending on what you have in the cupboard. They are also delicious.
- 250 g butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 100 -200 g chocolate chips or 100 -200 g chocolate, buttons
- 1⁄2-1 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup chopped dried apricot (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat well.
- Mix in flour, salt, soda and baking powder (sifted) and vanilla.
- Mix well, then add oats, chocolate and fruit.
- Place tsp sized balls on baking paper lined trays.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.
- Cool on wire racks.
These are lovely cookies chef #324612. We really enjoyed these tasty treats. Made exactly as written, but only made 1/3 of the recipe. It gave me a dozen large cookies. Thank you for sharing Made for New Kids on the Block.