Cinnamon Rolls, made with refrigerated crescent rolls. From Paula Deen's "my first cookbook"
- 8 count can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
- 8 large marshmallows
- cinnamon sugar (instructions below)
- Turn on the oven to 375 degrees.
- Seperate the dough into eight triangles. Place one marshmallow right in the middle of each triangle. Sprinkle each marshmallow with some of the cinnamon sugar.
- Bring up all of the sides of the roll to completely cover the marshmallow, pinching all of the edges together so that none of the marshmallow shows.
- Cover the cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Place the rolls on the parchment paper, making sure none of them are touching. Sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the rolls for about ten minutes, until they are light brown and puffed up. Use ovenmitts or hot pads to remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
- Serve warm.
- NOTE: to make cinnamon sugar, combine 1/2 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
Mmmmmmmmmm! Mine all burst open and oozed marshmallow so I guess I didn't pinch them together very well. That said, these are awesome! I used quite a bit of cinnamon sugar, on the inside and outside. On the outside, I sprinkled it over the top, then rolled them around in it a little, so they were pretty thoroughly covered. I'm glad you suggested the parchment paper, otherwise the cookie sheet would have been a mess of oozing marshmallow! I really really enjoyed these and will definitely make them again. Thanks so much for sharing! :) [Made for New Kids on the Block game]
Oh my, I am still smacking my lips! EASY too! If this is your first recipe, you and your loved ones have a great future! Bring on more I say. Thank you Jilllyray for sharing a winner! Made for Spring PAC 2010 baby.
Very, very unusual cinnamon mallow puffs, I call 'em, & I made a double batch for my other half to take to work & share (well, I let him take 10 of them, anyway)! And, since I do like the cinnamon in rolls, I was very generous with that when mixing up the cinnamon sugar! Thanks for sharing this unusual sweet treat! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef] Want to check out PAC? Click here http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498