Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This muffin recipe is from celebrity fitness guru Jillian Michaels. These are extremely healthy and really do taste good. One thing I love about them is that they are not too sweet. Great for breakfast or a pre-workout snack.
- 3⁄4 cup very ripe mashed banana (about 2)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Place oven rack in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil or line with paper liners.
- Place the bananas, yogurt, honey, olive oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir together until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and nuts (if using).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Place the tin in the oven and reduce the heat to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm.
- For longer storage, let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to three days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Perfect muffins BUT and it's a big BUT, the other review is right. The cook time is WAY off. Follow the 425 to 400 instructions. Those seem to work. Cook them for 25 min and check. They were perfect for me at 25 minutes. If you let them go as long as the recipe says, they will absolutely be burnt.
The taste is fine. The cooking instructions are way off. They came out burnt & charred on the top, and I checked them at 30 min. I may try again.