This muffin recipe is from celebrity fitness guru Jillian Michaels. These are extremely healthy and really do taste good. One thing I love about them is that they are not too sweet. Great for breakfast or a pre-workout snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup very ripe mashed banana (about 2)
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1Place oven rack in center of oven.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil or line with paper liners.
- 4Place the bananas, yogurt, honey, olive oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir together until well mixed.
- 5In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- 6Fold in the blueberries and nuts (if using).
- 7Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Place the tin in the oven and reduce the heat to 400 degrees.
- 8Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- 9Let cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm.
- 10For longer storage, let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to three days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jillian Michael's Blueberry Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 223.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g