Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This muffin recipe is from celebrity fitness guru Jillian Michaels. These are extremely healthy and really do taste good. One thing I love about them is that they are not too sweet. Great for breakfast or a pre-workout snack.
- 3⁄4 cup very ripe mashed banana (about 2)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Place oven rack in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil or line with paper liners.
- Place the bananas, yogurt, honey, olive oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir together until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and nuts (if using).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Place the tin in the oven and reduce the heat to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm.
- For longer storage, let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to three days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.