Recipe by msjill111
My younger sister, Mona, loves when I make these and they're so simple to make and soooo good!! It sounds like a wierd combination but it's really cheap and good. She named them Jill Samwiches because I was just playing around in the kitchen one day and came up with this. I've even added an egg to this sandwich before-not very healthy but oh so good. Goes well with any kind of soup or salad. Enjoy
Top Review by Chocolatl
The cream cheese makes this a really tasty, gooey sandwich. I didn't put the mayo in the middle. My Swiss cheese took a while to melt, so I did have to watch carefully to prevent scorching. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
- 2 slices bread (your choice)
- 2 slices swiss cheese (I use Guggisberg Baby Swiss Cheese)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- mayonnaise (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter each slice of bread with butter on one side only.
- Place one slice of bread butter side down in skillet.
- Add one slice of cheese, cream cheese and then another slice of cheese.
- Top with other slice of bread butter side up.
- Grill like you would a grilled cheese sandwich.
- After taking out of the pan,open up and spread with mayo.