Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
I always have this made for the kids for an after school snack.
Top Review by LonghornMama
My kids LOVED this! Served it as dessert and didn't care that they all had three servings! I zmailed the chef and clarified that the gelatin called for in the recipe is two large (8 servings) boxes of flavored jello. But then I made a few minor changes to the recipe, including using 4 envelopes plain gelatin rather than the sweetened jello. Only strawberries in syrup I found were in a 16 oz. container and I didn't want the result overly sweet. Poured the pineapple juice in a measuring cup and added V8 VFusion Strawberry Banana 100% fruit and vegetable juice to measure 4 cups. Added the mandarin oranges but omitted the bananas cause only one of my kids eats them. Thanks so much for the recipe! One more way to sneak some nutrition into the kids! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits, in juice
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups V8 Splash Berry Blend
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 2 bananas, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain liquid from orange segments and pineapple into 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Set fruit aside. Sprinkle gelatin over liquid; let stand to soften.
- Meanwhile, bring fruit juice blend to a boil in large saucepan.
- Pour boiling juice over softened gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add frozen strawberries; stir until gelatin begins to thicken, breaking up berries with spoon. Stir in reserved fruit and bananas.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares to serve.