Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted by request, this is a cheesy cornbread that starts with a mix.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix all together except cheese.
- Spread evenly in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese melts.
This is exactly what I was looking for in a simple spoon bread recipe. I love to make pulled pork bbq on the smoker and when I had some left over, I covered the bottom of the casserole with the pulled pork before pouring the batter over. The result was awesome. The smoky flavor of the bbq and the tang of the bbq sauce went so well with this spoon bread. I'm sure this will be a permanent solution for my leftover pulled pork (when I have any). I have also seen the same idea done with chili on the bottom and I'm looking forward to trying that as well. Thanks for the recipe!
I use 2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix to make this firmer for my 1 yo twins to be able to eat. It's fantastic and super easy. I use reduced fat sour cream, light butter and I do not add the cheese on top to save some calories. Still tastes GREAT! Thank you!
What a tasty and easy to make bread. My husband didn't care for it but I thought it was good. I will make it as others suggested, with chili on the bottom. Thanks for the new recipe!