Recipe by Red Chef Mama
This is a great Betty Crocker recipe from the 1950's. Thanks to some very helpful people here on zaar I was able to finally figure out what a patty shell was so I could make this! :) Enjoy. P.S. I left the celery out of this because I don't care for it and it was still good.
- 7 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans shrimp, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 6 patty shells, baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from pan and pour off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon drippings from the skillet.
- Cook and stir the onion, celery and mushrooms in drippings until onion is tender.
- Stir in the soup, shrimp and green pepper.
- Heat through.
- Crumble the bacon.
- Serve mixture in baked patty shells with crumbled bacon on top.