Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn (undrained)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add sour cream, butter and corn.
- Fold in dry Jiffy corn mix.
- Put in baking disk (I used a 9 x 7).
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- Make sure center comes out clean.
- Another rendition is to mix in the cheese-- this was very good since it spread the cheese throughout the corn.
Loved this recipe! Followed exactly. Very moist. Served with taco soup at a party. What a hit! Next time I will mix most of the cheese into the mix and lightly sprinkle cheese on top. Oh yes, I used recipe Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Copycat Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Copycat for the "Jiffy Package".
Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I had it about a year ago and lost the recipe. Just like the other reviewer, i remembered everything but the sour cream. I always double the recipe and serve in my 2 quart casserole dish. I can't believe something so delicious, is so simple to prepare! Thanks again for posting this wonderful recipe! Yummy 5 stars for sure!
I have been looking for this recipe for quite some time - it was as good as I remembered it! I doubled it - baked in 9 X 13.5 pan, only used 1/2 c. of butter for the whole thing and mixed the cheese into the batter. I also used Del Monte Fiesta corn (with the peppers in it) and it looked really pretty too. Thanks again for a great recipe! Goes amazing with my Can-Can Chili!