Diane in Nebraska's Note:
This is a moist, easy, colorful and delicious cornbread. Roasting the corn adds a little nuttier flavor and the red bell pepper adds a nice color and flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained well (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons diced jalapenos or 2 -3 tablespoons green chilies
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1Melt butter in a sauté pan.
- 2Add the corn, onion and red pepper and sauté on medium heat until some of the corn kernels start to turn golden brown.
- 3Whisk egg, corn liquid, and cream together.
- 4Stir into corn muffin mix with a fork.
- 5Stir in diced jalapenos and cheddar cheese.
- 6Quickly stir in hot sautéed corn and onion mixture, just mixing in slightly.
- 7Pour into 8 x 8 buttered baking dish.
- 8Bake at 350º for 15 minutes.
- 9Remove cornbread, turn off oven, drizzle cornbread with honey and put back in hot oven for 5 minutes (If you prefer not to use honey just bake for a total of 20 minutes).
- 10Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 11Note: you may want to use 1½ cups frozen corn in place of the canned corn; just use 1/4 cup milk in place of the 1/4 cup reserved corn liquid.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Jiffy" Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.2
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 754.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g