- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar (2nd amount)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together 1st amount of brown sugar, flour, baking powder, raisins or chocolate chips, nuts and milk in a greased casserole.
- Mix 2nd amount of brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Spread over batter and dot with butter.
- Pour boiling water gently over top.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or microwave for 9 minutes.