Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." "It's one of those delicious sauces that's usually hard to make and that used to be off limits, anyway. Now you can enjoy the buttery sauce within reason, and this version is a quickie. Serve it over steamed asparagus or anything you like--it always tastes great. Instead of steaming yourselt over a water bath (double boiler), whip up this sauce right away when you are ready to serve."
- 3 egg yolks
- salt, to taste (about 1/4 tsp)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- trace ground cumin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces butter, melted (1 stick)
- Put the egg yolk in a blender. Add the salt, pepper, and cumin if used. Do not turn on blender yet.
- Add the lemon juice and water to the melted butter. Turn on the blender, mixing the eggs for 30 seconds, then dribble the butter mixture into the blender slowly in a very thin stream. Adjust seasonings and serve immediately. You may also keep it hot in a double boiler over hot (never boiling) water until you need to serv it.
My son is a chef - and this recipe is actually in one of his text books! Have been doing this for years and amazing folks with my perfect Hollandaise! lol... if they only knew how easy it is. Foolproof. Absolutely can't mess it up!