Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very tasty, moist, Carrot Cake. A nice sized cake for 2 or 3 people.
- 1 package jiffy yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix (dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add eggs, oil and water to this mixture.
- Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple, carrots, pecans and coconut.
- Blend well.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch round cake pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
A lovely, light little cake just perfect for the two of us. I used the juice from the pineapple for the water. Very easy and quick to make. Will be making it again.
According to crenita2 on the yahoo ricecooker recipe group, this recipe can be made in a rice cooker! She mentions: "Grease the rice cooker pan well- I put a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. Mix together the cake mix, pudding, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add eggs, oil and water to this mixture with mixer for about 1 minutes. (I did it by hand) Add the pineapple, carrots, pecans and coconut. Blend well. pour into pan and hit cook. takes about 30-40 minutes."
We made this in the rice cooker and it was great! It took about 1.5 cycles of the cooker to get the doneness we wanted. I also used coconut cream pudding mix because we didn't have vanilla. We topped it with some store bought cream cheese frosting. We'll definitely be making this again. Perfect size too! Thanks Barb!