Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am publishing a series of recipes that use items from your pantry. These recipes are good for emergency survival, camping, job loss and other situations where surviving off staples may be needed. Most of these are also good as a quick dinner when you dont feel like cooking. Since these recipes require canned or packaged goods they may not be as good as if you use fresh - but feel free to substitute fresh for packaged.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, mexican festival tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, diced
- Mix all together and bring just to a boil.
- Serve immediately. Top with sour cream, cheese, onions if desired.
I thought this was pretty good. My dh didnt care for it and my youngest said it was all right. We all three thought it seemed more like a dip than a chowder and like the last reply would be good with Tortillas. I liked the spice and kick. Just the right thickness to me.
This is a good recipe. I would add one bottle of water though to mix the soups flavor a little and so it is not so rich. If you did have Masa Harina Flour to mix with a little water you could with a small burner or fire make tortillas and it would be great with the meal. I would also add a can of diced green chilies with the juice. Thanks for posting.