Recipe by Tryntje
Anything that saves time and is appertising is on my menu. Open a few tins, add a few seasonings, and hey presto you have a meal in minutes
- 2 (400 g) cans whole corn, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g butter
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 5 cups vegeatable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Process one tin of corn in the food processor until smooth.
- Combine garlic with the salt.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, and cook garlic paste over a medium heat until soft.
- Add tomatoes and simmer gently approx five minutes.
- Add stock, oregano, pureed corn, and remaining corn kernals.
- Bring to the boil.
- reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.