Recipe by Wheres_the_Beef?
This recipe is equal to an 8.5 ounce box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. When another recipe calls for a box of JIffy Corn Muffin Mix, use the mixed dry ingredients from this recipe as a substitute. This is a very easy copycat recipe because it uses Bisquick. Store any unused dry mix in an airtight container.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Very easy and doesn't make too much for the two of us. I used Heart Smart Bisquick and should have put in 1/2 tsp baking powder, but will the next time. Thanks for a great cornbread recipe. Carole in Orlando
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Using whisk, mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Use above mixed dry ingredients in recipes calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- If making corn muffins:.
- Preheat oven to 400-F.
- Stir in milk and egg. Stir until lumps are gone.
- Fill standard muffin cups half full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until muffin tops are slightly browned.
- Makes 6 muffins.