Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes 8.5 ounces (equal to 1-box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix), 1-1/2 cups of mix, or 6 corn muffins. Recipe Source: WWW
Corn Muffin Mix
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml yellow cornmeal
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
To make muffins add
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml milk
- 118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 56.69 g canned chilies (optional)
- 59.14 ml drained chopped pimiento (optional)
- 118.29 ml chopped onion (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone.
- If another recipe is calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe.
- To make Corn Muffins, preheat oven to 400F, spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- OPTIONAL: To mix, add any combination of optional ingredients you prefer.
- Combine mix with egg and milk, mixing well.
- Fill muffin pan 1/2 full, bake for 15-20 minutes.
I loved the simplicity of this recipe, it was almost as easy as using a box of Jiffy...seriously! I think next time I will use melted butter instead of the oil just to add a little more flavor because why not!! Everything is better with butter, right?!
Loved these, I did add a little more milk because the batter did seem a little dry.
I used white cornmeal instead of yellow, and added butter instead of oil. Came out great, and the butter gave it a little yellow color.