Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes 8.5 ounces (equal to 1-box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix), 1-1/2 cups of mix, or 6 corn muffins. Recipe Source: WWW
Corn Muffin Mix
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
To make muffins add
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 ounces canned chilies (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup drained chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone.
- If another recipe is calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe.
- To make Corn Muffins, preheat oven to 400F, spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- OPTIONAL: To mix, add any combination of optional ingredients you prefer.
- Combine mix with egg and milk, mixing well.
- Fill muffin pan 1/2 full, bake for 15-20 minutes.
I loved the simplicity of this recipe, it was almost as easy as using a box of Jiffy...seriously! I think next time I will use melted butter instead of the oil just to add a little more flavor because why not!! Everything is better with butter, right?!
WOW, tasted just like the real thing. Can make it as sweet as you want it by adusting the sugar. I made this tonite cuz I was out of the Jiffy box mix. Won't be using that anymore! Served with #87433, WW Texas Chili over brown rice.
I tried this recipe tonite. Did not have anymore jiffy mix. I ask my children to taste it. They said wow what brand you use because you need to get this more offend. I laugh and told them I use this recipe. They said it was awesome. And that it taste better than jiffy mix. So now I got to make another Pan. Lol! Thanks Najwa!