Recipe by Gingerbee
While in NOLA recently, I was introduced to this rich and creamy soup. Quickly I was hooked and thereafter, wherever I went if this soup was on the menu, I ordered it! It didn't vary too much from place to place but this home version was a winner to my taste buds. This is a new taste for me and unfamiliar to my family who enjoyed this recipe immensely; I hope you will try it out too.
- 3 cans cream of potato soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 cans corn, do not drain
- 1 green onion
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 2 cans crabmeat
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- I place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor;.
- Pulsing for a second or two just until the onion is chopped.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan;.
- Add cream, crab and corn and cook on low for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat and serve!
- *Freshcrabmeat can be substituted for the canned variety.