Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
While in NOLA recently, I was introduced to this rich and creamy soup. Quickly I was hooked and thereafter, wherever I went if this soup was on the menu, I ordered it! It didn't vary too much from place to place but this home version was a winner to my taste buds. This is a new taste for me and unfamiliar to my family who enjoyed this recipe immensely; I hope you will try it out too.
- I place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor;.
- Pulsing for a second or two just until the onion is chopped.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan;.
- Add cream, crab and corn and cook on low for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat and serve!
- *Freshcrabmeat can be substituted for the canned variety.
I love this recipe! We use leftover crabmeat from a crab boil down here though. I'm new to NOLA so this was new for me and I'm hooked as well:)
I recently tried this recipe. I have always made my own chowder from stratch when I saw your recipe I thought I would try this. This is so simple to make, and so wonderfully creamy. In place of the can crabmeat, I used the imitation crab in the package in the sea food department. It was great.