Recipe by kmergirl
This recipe is from my starving student college days. Its simple, quick and another cheap eats. Everyone still loves this recipe including kids. Enjoy!
Top Review by javajen19
One of our favorite dinners-so easy to make & so few ingredients needed! I alter the recipe by adding salsa instead of the tomato paste, and add about a cup of frozen corn to the meat mixture.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornbread according to package directions. Cook ground beef and drain fat. Add, taco seasoning mix and water according to package. Add tomato sauce. Cook until slightly thickened. Pour meat mixture in a 8x8 cassarole dish. Add layer of grated cheese and then spread the cornbread mixture on top spreading it to the edges of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until brown.
- Optional: serve with sour cream and taco sauce.