Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my starving student college days. Its simple, quick and another cheap eats. Everyone still loves this recipe including kids. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Mix cornbread according to package directions. Cook ground beef and drain fat. Add, taco seasoning mix and water according to package. Add tomato sauce. Cook until slightly thickened. Pour meat mixture in a 8x8 cassarole dish. Add layer of grated cheese and then spread the cornbread mixture on top spreading it to the edges of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until brown.
- Optional: serve with sour cream and taco sauce.
One of our favorite dinners-so easy to make & so few ingredients needed! I alter the recipe by adding salsa instead of the tomato paste, and add about a cup of frozen corn to the meat mixture.
I used shredded beef and chicken and refried beans
Loved this will be making on a weekly or bi-weekly rotation! Thanks for sharing