Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cinnamon rolls are wonderfully versatile as they can be frozen after you cut them or placed in the refrigerator and baked in the morning.
- 946.36-1182.95 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 box jiffy cake mix
- 2 package fast rising yeast
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, salt, and warm water; mix until smooth.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (6-8 minutes).
- Roll dough into a 9 X 18-inch rectangle.
- Spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough jelly-roll style, starting with the long end.
- Slice the roll into 1-inch circles with a piece of dental floss or heavy thread placed under roll.
- Bring ends of floss up and crisscross at top of roll and pull strings in opposite directions.
- Place rolls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise on a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.