Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cinnamon rolls are wonderfully versatile as they can be frozen after you cut them or placed in the refrigerator and baked in the morning.
- 4 -5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 box jiffy cake mix
- 2 packages fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, salt, and warm water; mix until smooth.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (6-8 minutes).
- Roll dough into a 9 X 18-inch rectangle.
- Spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough jelly-roll style, starting with the long end.
- Slice the roll into 1-inch circles with a piece of dental floss or heavy thread placed under roll.
- Bring ends of floss up and crisscross at top of roll and pull strings in opposite directions.
- Place rolls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise on a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
These were very easy to make and the flavor was fair but they turned out rather dry to me. They really need more cinnamon filling too.
These are the easiest and most delicious cinnamon rolls ever. For a change, you can add some raisins that have been soaked in rum to the filling. Then add some rum to the frosting. You might need to add a little more powdered sugar. I have made these for years, and no one tires of them.