Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very simple, yummy cake (it is fairly sweet, so feel free to cut back on the sugar). I made this back when I was as young as 8. Thanks to Elizabeth Middleton for sharing this recipe with my family.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling (I like blueberry, but you can use any type you like)
- Melt butter slowly.
- Pour in round baking bowl.
- Use medium sized bowl to mix the following: Flour, Sugar, Salt and Baking Powder.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Batter will be thin.
- Pour into baking dish with butter.
- Add pie filling in the middle of batter. (You can use a 16 oz can of pie filling if desired).
- Do NOT stir.
- Sometimes I add brown sugar and cinnamon to the pie filling before I add it to the batter.
- Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes.
A simple, quick desert. Be warned--it is very sweet. Excellent if you are in a hurry and still want something that tastes good.