Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from a recipe chat board.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of jif creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the Jif peanut butter and the butter or margarine; blend at low speed with mixer, until crumbly.
- Remove 1 cup of the crumbs and set aside.
- To the crumbs that are left in the large bowl, add the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle the 1 cup of crumbs you set aside over the top of the batter also.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool before serving.