Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Although I use a different recipe when making peanut blossom cookies, here's another that has a similar taste, but uses jelly instead of a chocolate kiss. For variation, you could substitute half kisses/half jelly on these. Taken from allrecipes.com An added note: I have found this cookie does not keep well. Make only if the cookies can be eaten in a day or so.
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling dough balls in
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup crisco butter shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter (as the title implies, Jif is recommended)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry jelly or 3⁄4 cup any jam, jelly, preserve of your choice
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat together white/brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla, and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add and stir well into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape into one inch balls; roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool about 2 minutes. Make a depression in the center of each warm cookie with your finger or the back of a teaspoon or small spoon. Fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon jelly.
- Cool completely.