Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great way to change the ordinary Banana nut breat by adding Jif Peanut butter. If your kids like Peanut butter and banana sandwiches, they'll go crazy for this bread.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup jif reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add banana, Jif, milk, Crisco Oil and egg.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- Mix just until blended. (Do not over-mix.).
- Bake at 350ºF for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cover top loosely with foil after 45 minutes to prevent over browning.).
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove to cooling rack.
- Makes one loaf.
- If using glass, reduce temperature to 325ºF.
very nice. the peanut butter flavor is subtle, but you can definately tell it's there! the only thing i did different was add some vanilla and butter flavorings. the bread is nice and moist. thanks!