Recipe by bitterman
This is a great way to change the ordinary Banana nut breat by adding Jif Peanut butter. If your kids like Peanut butter and banana sandwiches, they'll go crazy for this bread.
Top Review by Jessica K
very nice. the peanut butter flavor is subtle, but you can definately tell it's there! the only thing i did different was add some vanilla and butter flavorings. the bread is nice and moist. thanks!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup jif reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add banana, Jif, milk, Crisco Oil and egg.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- Mix just until blended. (Do not over-mix.).
- Bake at 350ºF for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cover top loosely with foil after 45 minutes to prevent over browning.).
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove to cooling rack.
- Makes one loaf.
- If using glass, reduce temperature to 325ºF.