Recipe by Ms B.
I adopted this recipe after Mean Chef (IHHDRO) left the site. The comments from my original review stated, " This salad is an excellent blend of flavors. I used a diced red pepper instead of the red jalapeno and upped the cayenne just a bit in order to balance out the heat. It was fabulous. This is a wonderful summer side dish." This is great for cookouts or just simple summer meals. We love this salad.
Top Review by *Elissa*
OH, MAN! This was FABULOUS! We all absolutely loved the lime and red pepper with the fruit and jicama. What a sensational blend of flavors! I couldn't find red jalapenos, though, and it needed some red...so I used thinly sliced red peppers.
- 1 medium jicama, julienned
- 2 small cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- 3 seedless oranges, sectioned
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 3 red jalapeno chiles, cut into rings
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- cilantro, chopped