1/1 Photo of Jicama With Chili Salt
This is an adopted recipe that I have finally had the opportunity to try. The combination of the lime with the chili salt on the crisp jicama is really good. I used a chipotle chili pepper and found the ration of salt to heat to be just right. The original posted tried this at a sample table in Whole Foods Market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix salt with chili powder to taste. Place in a small, shallow bowl.
- 2Peel jicama. Rinse and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges or 1/2-inch-thick sticks 3 to 4 inches long.
- 3Cut limes into wedges. Arrange jicama, limes, and chili salt on a platter.
- 4To eat, rub jicama with lime, and then dip in chili salt.
- 5You can also toss the jicima with the ljuice of the two limes, then mix in spices and serve with toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jicama With Chili Salt
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 701.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g